Waking Up the Garden for Spring
We’re all excited for the spring gardening season, so here are a few tips for what you can be doing in your garden right now:
- Don’t be in too much of a rush! Your garden beds are thawing so they’ll be mucky and easily compacted if you walk around them. Be patient and wait for the ground to thaw!
- Check your yard for winter damage on plants, fences, pathways, etc.
- Tune up your tools (including the lawnmower that’s been sitting in your garage all winter!)
- If you don’t compost over winter, start a pile now!
- Prep beds by removing any debris or winter mulch.
- Clean your bird feeders, bird baths, pots and containers.
- Start seeds indoor!
- Start spring pruning on fruit trees if you haven’t already!
- As soon as the temperature is above freezing, spray plants with dormant oil and lime sulphur to prevent insects and disease.
- Plan to visit Canadale’s DESIGN & INSPIRATION GARDENS for ideas! Click Here to learn more.